Wikipedia

Search results

Thursday, November 12, 2020

The Devil King and I - Chapter 2

 Three years ago, a young Fuschia was running to her school bus as usual. She missed it. Since she was going to be late anyway, she decides to buy something from the corner store. In there, an incredibly rich-looking man with dark hair and sunglasses was at the counter. He paid for a large black coffee and a Snickers bar. As he pulled out the money to pay for his food, a 100$ bill fell out of his wallet. He paid and walked out the door. Fuchia picks up the 100 dollar bill and rushes to the rich stranger. 

"Sir! Wait!"

The dark haired stranger turned around and Fuschia gets a little paralyzed when facing him. The stranger spoke:

"Yes?"

"You dropped your money!", she said as she forces herself to give the bill despite being scared and feeling an aura of great evil from the man. Then she pulled out his wallet from her pocket, which was adorned with in gold the initials "Y.S." on it. Taking the money from her, he smiled and said thank you. She rushes back to the store, bought her bun and walks to school. The stranger removes his glasses revealing his mesmerizing green eyes and his identity to be Yozebel Sotanaht, the Devil King, and he watches Fuschia. Astonished that someone would do something like that for him, he becomes interested in her. Not many people would give back a 100$ bill. For two weeks since that special morning, he was following her in a form that she cannot see him. When he puts on his mortal form, all the human beings on earth can see him. When in his original form, he is invisble for the mortals from the living realm and is only seen by the animals, spirits and ghosts. While he follows her for two weeks, he slowly falls for her and hates the fact that he sees that she has a crush on some guy named Lee. Sitting on the bleachers observing his own crush playing volleyball outside, Yozebel sighs.

"For you to be with me, I wish you were dead."  


"Bye Bye!" Yozebel waved Fuschia goodbye. 

Smoke formed all around her and as the smoke clears away from her vision she sees the school gates in front of her eyes. She finds a phone from her pocket. It's brand new, unlike her original used and worn phone with a crack on its screen. It was the latest model of the most expensive brand and she noticed that she has a text message. 

[Like your new phone? : Beezel]

She ignored his text and checks the time. 7:05.

[I can see you, you know : Beezel]  

She looks around her and hurriedly texts him back.

[Why do I have a new phone? My old one was working perfectly fine.]

Then a bing popped up.

[It's not your phone anymore, you died remember? Besides, this one is way better. The fun side is that its battery power is worked on by magic. Everything from our realm is operated by magic, including our technology. Now hurry up, you will be late for class.]  

She looks at the time, 7:10. 'No I won't! I better head to the bathroom to fix myself' She opens the bathroom and sees Akina. Overjoyed with happiness and wanting to tell her the crazy thing that happened, she runs to her long time best friend.

"AKina I-"

But the girl gave her a strange look and stepped back from Fuschia. 

"Ummm... sorry, but who are you?"

'What?'

Then Fuchia turns around to her left at the mirrors and sees herself. Her hair is dark and long down to her hips, her eyes are a light blue-ish brown, her chest has gotten fuller and she noticed that she is carrying an expensive designer bag. A total contrast from her usual short light brown hair and dark brown eyes, flat chested and used shoulder bag self. Then Akina steps over from Fuchia's side and went out of the bathroom.

"I'm sorry, I got to go see someone." Akina said.

A bing popped up and Fuschia checks her phone. It's Beezel again.

[Surprise, huh? : Beezel]

[Why didn't you tell me I was going to have a makeover? Are you my only contact?!]

[No, I'm not your only contact. You have my home phone, the demon taxi and my emergency phone number on your cell. : Beezel]

She pressed the 'Home' button on her phone and pressed the 'Contacts' button. There were only his cellphone number, his home phone, the demon taxi and his emergency phone number on the contact list. She sighs at this sign of over-protectiveness. She asks him a question.

[Also, why doesn't Akina notices that its me?] 

[About that and your makeover, you still look like you, but the people that used to know you that you knew when you were alive do not recognize you anymore. The extra stuff was a touch from our world, your new look if you will. ;P : Beezel] 

She glances at the time, 7:20. I better head to class. She looks at her schedule and was surprised at her new schedule. She now has advanced subjects. Passing by the front doors, she sees Akina and herself walking. Quickly, she texts Beezel.

[Beezel! How is this possible? How am I walking and stuff and still see my body living?!]

[You're dead remember? Your death is going to happen no matter what. In a few hours, the other body is going to get hit by a car soon. Where you are right now, you're living as a new person. You're a new foreign exchange student. That other body is no longer you. : Beezel]

She took a long pause at the text taking all of this information in. 

[Is there anything else you're not telling me?]

[You'll see. :} : Beezel]

Surprisingly, in her first class, Lee was in it. 'Oh my gosh! It's Lee!' Realizing that time was reversed, she thought it was the chance to finally confess to him. She only has a year left before the finalization of her death. 'I will spend the rest of that year together with him and somehow marry him!' Since it was the first time being in his class, she ignored the lecture and stared at him for most of it impatiently waiting for the bell to ring. She dashed to Lee and thought 'No regrets, just like what Akina said.'

"Hey!!!!", bumping into Lee.

"Uh hi?"

"I LIKE YOU", she blurted out.

He opened his mouth and said:

"You're beautiful, Miss. I'm sorry, but I don't know you enough to reciprocate your feelings for me," he said kindly.

"Well....," 'Oh My GOD, what am I doing!? Just keep going and let it all out.' "I've liked you for a very long time and-"

Her phone rings. 

"And before it's too late, I just wanted to let you know how I feel."

"PICK UP THE PHONE! PICK UP THE PHONE! PICK UP THE PHONE!" alarmed the phone.

The alarm kept going on and on for a few seconds, until it got awkward and Fuschia answered her phone.

"What do you want?! I was busy!", spat Fuschia irritatedly.

Then Lee smiles and turns around:

"Well, I'm sorry but I got to go to class! Bye!"

She waved him a weak wave and an awkward smile. 

"Bye!" 

Then she turns around to her attention to Beezel on the phone.

"You had to call now?! Of all times?"

"I just had a sudden nudge, is all," he replied back. "You know, between you and retarded Lee, it will clearly not work out."

"Why not? You're feeling jealous, already?" Fuschia said.

There was a silent pause. Then he made a "tch!" sound.

 "This isn't some cheesy drama! No I wasn't jealous. You'll see what I mean later."

He then abruptly said bye to her and Fuschia resumes her day. When it comes to after school, she saw her body eavesdropping on Lee's and Isa's conversation and watched it crying and walking to the front of school. Surprisingly, she saw Lee noticing her body do that and he followed her. Fuschia then decides to follow the two. 

"Fuschia? Fuschia what's wrong?" Fuschia heard Akina say. 

"Akina?" 

Fuschia watches Akina turn her attention to Lee.

"Lee?" Akina said.

"Akina, is that you? I've been searching for you!", Lee says.

"What? What you do you mean?" answered Akina.

"What I mean is..What I mean to tell you is...", Lee stammering. "Now that I've finally found you, I can say this: you're my first love."

Fuschia's heart stopped. Akina's staring at him in disbelief, Lee continued on.

"I was in love with you since when we were both in kindergarten. I found the courage to tell you in 6th grade and throughout high school, but we already graduated. We both went to our separate ways, but I've finally found you. I just confessed to Isa, and how I feel for her is way different from how I feel for you. I confessed to her because i just wanted a random girlfriend and not be single anymore, but that was before finally finding you. However, I've always been thinking about you throughtout the years and you keeping a deep and special place in my heart. You have no idea, how long I've waited to finaly see you again. Please tell me you feel the same," confessed Lee.

There was silence.

"To tell you the truth...", Akina spoke. "I actually felt the same way too."

Then the crash happened and Fuschia died again.


Two years ago, Yozebel in his invisible form was watching and sitting next to Fuchia sleeping on a picnic table at school. Yozebel admired and was proud of Fuschia's first and successful attempt at putting on makeup. A soccer ball came near the two and Lee came.

"Can I have the ball, please?" said Fuschia's long time crush Lee.

"Uhh...yeah. sure." passing him the soccer ball into his hands.

"Thanks," flashing a small smile at Fuschia. Then Fuschia resumes her nap.

"Fuschia!"  

 Fuchia looked up and see a grinning Akina. 

"What's up Akina?"

"You know, Lee, just now? He looked back at you twice! ," said Akina excitedtly.

Fuschia blushed intensely and squealed with joy. 

" Oh my gosh!!! Really?!" she said.

This ticked off Yozebel, he got up and walked to Lee. Still in his invisible form, he flicked a finger at Lee's forehead and said:

"Forget!"

All of a sudden, Lee finds himself confused as to why he was staring at the cute girl with short brown hair at the picnic table named Fuschia.