"Hurry, Fuschia! You will be late for school!"
As her mother said that, Fuschia grabs a toast from her mother and runs to the front door to school.
'The University is quite far', Fuschia thought. 'I better hurry up.' She runs just like she does every morning to catch the bus. She caught up with the bus and made it to school. Her best friend, Akina, salutes her.
"You know, I almost thought we were going to be late because of you!"
Akina then gives Fuchia a custard bun.
"Here's your breakfast, you dork."
"Thanks."
Then, Fuchia's crush walks passed by the two girls. Akina nudges Fuschia to him.
"Hey, it's Lee! Your crush since forever," teased Akina.
"Shut up, he'll might hear you!", complained Fuschia.
They both watch Lee pass by them and Fuschia gave Lee a weak hello. Lee simply smiled back at her and carried on to wherever he was going to.
"*sigh* I don't think he even knows my name, " says Fuschia.
"Well, he will now. Aren't you going to confess to him after school?" Akina replied.
"True, but I don't even know if I'm ready yet!"
"Just tell him! It's better to just let him know now then to have regrets 10 years later, you know?" said Akina.
"Gaaah, fine! Just make sure that I don't chicken out, 'kay?"
"Gotcha, bro!"
The school bell rings. They say good-bye to each other to get to their classes. It's now after school, Fuschia and Akina were searching for Lee around the school and found no luck in finding him in his usual spots. Then Fuschia needed to go to the bathroom. Fuschia goes back inside the school while Akina would be wating for her outside at the school gates. 'I wonder where is h-'
"I love you"
Then Fuschia stopped her tracks and hid behind a pillar. She watches Lee talking to a girl. The most popular girl in their grade, Isa, and the most beautiful girl among the freshmen at the University. Isa is bearing long luscious and dyed hair, natural makeup, and all the designer accessories and clothes on. What pained Fuschia more is that Isa didn't even seemed interested at all in Lee.
"Isa, I love you," said Lee confessing to Isa. Isa simply smiled a fake smile and nonchalantly said:
"Look, Lee. I like you, but not the same way as you feel for me. Maybe we can just go grab a coffee or something later?"
The same way she would say to all the other guys that've asked her out or confessed to her.
"Sure, I might change your mind, though", Lee said while smiling a shy smile.
This pains Fuschia as much as it infuriates her. 'Lee is a really great guy! He's smart, really good-looking and is really athletic! A lot of girls like him, and even some of the seniors. I'm not surprised that he would end up with her and not notice me. They seem like an equal match.' Feeling flushed cheeks and embarassed, Fuschia runs away from the heartbreaking scene towards to the school gates completely engulf and overwhelmed with her feelings. She quickly walks pass Akina.
"Fuschia? Fuschia, what's wrong?"
"it's nothing, I'm fine!" and she just kept on walking not watching where she was going.
'I can't believe this is happening! After all these years! I just want to disappear!'
"FUsCHIA WATCH OUT!"
CRASH!
In a sudden blur, everything happened fast. Just like that, Fuschia lost not only her long-time crush, but her life as well in a car accident.
'It's so cold...and it's so dark. Where am I?'
"Helloooooo! Wake up, Fuschia Corason ", said the voice of a young man. Fuchia opened her eyes and sees a vast dark throne room. Outside the large windows showed a dark night and beings that she has never seen before. What lies outside of the room is a world completely different from her own and foreign to her. Behold of her, a tall, strong, dark haired, handsome man with emerald green eyes smiling at Fuschia from his throne. She gets up from the floor and stands up to walk towards the green eyed intimidating stranger. After hesitating for a while, she finally spoke up:
"Ummm... where am I? What happened?"
The stranger replied in a loud voice.
"Fuschia Corason, you died at the age of 18 from a car crash at 4:35 p.m. on September 9."
"I died? but-"
"Lucky for you, I've been watching you for a while now and I have to let you know that your death was an accident and partially out of heartbreak."
"So...."
"In a way, you've committed suicide because you were thinking and planning about just ending your life right before your death."
"I just thought that I wanted to disappear, not actual-"
"It's the thought that counts, dear." replied the stranger.
"Well, how am I lucky then?", said Fuschia.
"Those who had committed suicide get a second chance in life and resume their lives right before the event of their death has happened."
"Well, that's great for me! When do I-"
"However, the whole deal is under a contract," interrupted the stranger.
" oh."
"You get to live your life as it is, but for a period of time. For one year, everyday after school, you must come down to the underworld and live with me. You will go back to school the next morning. All those whom you've known in your life will not recognize you and your family assumes that you're dead. Since you died, you will be able to see creatures from other dimensions in the world of the living and those creatures can see you."
"That isn't 'resuming my life', " Fuschia retorted.
"After the trial period is over, depending what happened throughout the year, the finalization of your death will be decided," said the stranger.
"So, what do I do now?" replied Fuschia.
"Well, it's 7 o' clock am on September 9, Miss Corason. You better get to class, I will see you later."
Smoke formed around Fuschia
"Wait! I don't even know your name!" she said.
"My name is Yozebel Sotanaht, you can call me Beezel."