Wikipedia

Search results

Saturday, November 7, 2020

Chapter 3

 I've spent many days, if not weeks wondering where is my life going to go now. Shawn was really all I had...well until Dad came to the rescue. After being hospitalized for not only hyperventilation but for alcohol poisoning as well, no thanks to my dad haha! It took about a week for the nursing staff t flush out all the alcohol out of me. It was awful and I really wanted to get out of there. At the same time, going out to society appalled my thoughts. I didn't really want to see my so called friends and Shawn. But hey, nothing can get worst than this. 

A new semester was starting...I begged my dad to not send me to my old high school. I told him it will be hell. 

"You're going, that's final"

I slump in dejection. That's it, I have a plan, I will just not talk to anybody and just focus on school and play video games, read my favorite books and watch episodes on the internet. What makes things worse seeing how I hadn't been in school for a while, I have to be held a year back. Triple more embarrassing, I don't want them to see me Kaine Bradshaw the retarded loser. 

The phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hi Kainee! It's me, your mom!", her mom replied. " I'm officially married now and I thought to invite you to the national fireworks day with us the family."

I know she obviously doesn't mean with dad. Well...I don't want to aggravate my life any further. Plus I miss my mom and despite it all, I still love her. So like a dufus I went. 

We were in line for the cotton candy man, me and my mom with popcorn in her hands. 

"So, honey..."

I look up at her, ripping my gaze away from a lovely young couple pedaling in a swan boat at the lake. 

"Yeah, mom?"

"How's school going?"

Meh. "I'm starting school tomorrow....not excited" not like you noticed anything, seeing as how you were busy doing uncle Joe instead of dad.

Out of nowhere, popcorn was flying in the air and my mom gasped in shock. 

"YOU STAY AWAY FROM AWESOME JOE"

"Tramp! Ruining such a perfect man!"

My uncle Joe was also the celebrity chef Awesome Joe Bradshaw. A pretty hot one at that, still keeping his good looking youth and appearing on magazines at the sexiest man alive of the year. Heartthrob of three generations of women. My uncle cheated on Jessa for my mom, Lori, whom is now officially known as some sleazy mistress out to take on my uncle's money in front if the entire nation. 

My mom crying where ta dah! My uncle Joe to the rescue. He took her away and me? I get stares and people whispering "oh my gosh, is that that slut's daughter?" 

And I get "that daughter of a slut".

On my first day of school, there were glares, there were stares and I ran from all their murmuring while hiding under the stairs. I didn't had the guts to attend class. I skipped school and told my dad that I couldn't begun. Lucky for me. It was a friday. On Saturday morning, my dad told me he enrolled me in adult school. Yay! Lucky me! A new school! A new school! I wasn't nervous but oddly excited for my new school.